Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SlumDog Millionaire






I really enjoyed this movie! I watched it two times and learned new things each time I watched it. I even bought the soundtrack because I enjoyed the music too. This movie portrays India well but it was surely sad. I observed several similarities from India and the United States. I observed what the children wore and how they acted. Children in India are not as wealthy as we are and their dress is not so nice. They work very hard for money and food as was very well shown in the movie.

One part of the movie that I thought was funny and meaningful was when Jamal wanted to see the most famous actor of India. He jumped into a pile of waste and ran to get the famous actors autograph. I believe this shows determination for the little Jamal and that deep down kids from India and US are not that different from each other.

Did you know that in India all the movies that are from there are a musical. Well, Slumdog Millionaire was not and so at the end of the movie that is why they put the song and dance clip in there. I found that very interesting for India. The soundtrack for India I thought was pretty cool but did not know they are well known for their music. I wanted to post the lyrics for one of the songs that I found from the movie but it will not let me. So look up the lyrics from "O Saya." They are very interesting.

There is so much you can learn from this movie about life in India, culture and love. There was even romance in this movie, just like the United States movies. I liked how Jamal kept on trying to find Lakita and told her that they it was their destiny. This really shows love and not all the people of India are mean and hateful like when Jamal and Salim were kids.


1 comment:

  1. Liz,
    Good work on your blog, you keep improving it as the semester moves along. I can tell you enjoyed the movie! I did also. The pictures you posted in blog #7 are not from the National Geographic site? I wanted students to see what that site has to offer.

    ReplyDelete